I asked Michael, “Do you want the healthy crock pot recipe or the unhealthy crock pot recipe?”
I knew the answer he wanted to give. But we were on the phone and I couldn’t prevent him from checking his waist line.
“The healthy one, I guess,” he sighed.
So I made the healthy crock pot recipe in the afternoon which is great for anyone having a healthy diet, to keep a fit body, as they can also exercise and take weight supplements anyone can get from sites as http://tophealthjournal.com.
And then I made this one later that night and these 7 herbs.
Acapulco Tater Tot Casserole (aka Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole) from Damn Delicious
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and remove from heat.
Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce.
Lightly coat the inside of a 4-qt slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Spread half of the tater tots onto the bottom of the slow cooker; top with ground beef mixture and remaining tater tots. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
Add cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.