My Pal Mike Dooley just hooked me up with my newest obsession, The Buddies Lounge Podcast. The show, hosted by The Big W, originates out of Santa Rosita, California, and new episodes hit every Friday. There are already 100 podcasts available chock full of “tasty Hi-Fi Space Age Pop, Jet Set, Swingin’ Vocals, and Exotica sounds…all in LIVING STEREO!”
I’m already trying to figure out what illness I’m going to fake to get out of work this week so I can sit and home and listen.
The Buddies Lounge blog has complete track listings and some great album art. I recommend you check it out. Podcast #100 is embedded below. It’s certainly made laundry, dishes and vacuuming a lot groovier to accomplish than I might have otherwise expected. Highlights include Frank Sinatra and the Billy May Orchestra with “Come Fly with Me, Miss Peggy Lee’s “Baby Baby, Wait for Me” and a Petula Clark extended Coca-Cola jingle, plus Allan Sherman’s parody of “That Old Black Magic” In the Big W’s regular “Strange and Bizarre” feature of the podcast!
Great, great stuff for a weekend afternoon. The Big W has has a new big fan.
Show 100 (6/4/10) playlist:
• I Ain’t Got Nobody – Lena Horne
• The “In” Crowd – Erine Heckscher
• Roses of Picardy – Buddy Greco
• Camelot – Les & Larry Elgart
• I Walk The Line – Eydie Gormé
• 77 Sunset Strip – Ralph Marterie
• Baby-O – Dean Martin
• The Best Is Yet To Come – David Carrol
• Two Ladies In de Shade of de Banana Tree – Sammy Davis, Jr.
• Come Fly With Me – Frank Sinatra
• Up, Up And Away – Dick Hyman
• Me And My Shadow – Lou Rawls
• Up A Lazy River – Si Zentner
• The Lady Is A Tramp – Della Reese
• Dragnet – Buddy Morrow
• Let There Be Love – Steve Lawrence
• Anna – Hugo Montenego
• Baby, Baby Wait For Me – Peggy Lee
• That Old Back Scratcher – Allan Sherman
• String Of Trumpets – Billy Mure
• On The Sunny Side Of The Street – Keely Smith
“An Evening At The Buddies Lounge” can be heard every Friday, in Living Stereo, direct from STUDIO 67 in Hollywood, CA. The show is produced by National-International Broadcasting.
Visit the Buddies Lounge blog here
Visit the Buddies Lounge podcast home here